Up to now, I’ve realised, I haven’t planned enough in advance of the challenge’s start date, so I’ve been thinking about it and this is the plan so far:
- Novel in progress. There are several scenes I want to add for this second draft. Hopefully that will make up the 17,000 words that it needs.
- Short stories. There are seven in various stages of planning (mostly only a sentence each). If each story is 2,000 words, that’s 14,000 words.
- Blog posts. Yes, we’re allowed to include blog posts this year – as long as they’re not the what-I-had-for-breakfast type. Mine never are. I wouldn’t bore you with porridge, toast, butter, avocado, coffee and the occasional egg that tries to be soft-boiled. I have two planned. Blog posts, that is. Let’s say 1,000 words each. 2,000 words.
- Once a week, I’m going to go out to a cafe or a park or somewhere else and describe what I see (and hear, smell, taste, feel). 100 days = 14 weeks. 14,000 words.
- Hopefully those descriptions will spawn some short stories. 10 x 2,000 = 20,000 words.
So that’s 17K + 14K + 2K + 14K + 20K = 67,000 words. Hmm. I might start rewriting my NaNo novel. And I’ll probably think of other blog posts over the three-and-a-bit months. That should do it. Hopefully.
How about you? You can join, too.